Help us help you! Please take our survey
so we can learn about your data needs.
As an exercise, let’s assume you lose all the data in your lab. What would you
want from the archive? Our hope is that your answer to this question, the
necessary data and metadata that you need, is at least what we should be storing.
Our goals for the archive, we think, are rather simple:
- Optimize storage based on cost to produce and process.
- Enable reproducible practices and publications.
- Enable secondary uses of data outside the intent of the study.
- Reduce the need to contact data producers by enriching the data with rich m
- If users have to come back to the raw data, for example, to apply different
processing strategies, etc., it should be feasible without going to the data
- The archive is not just an endpoint to dump data, it is intended as a living
repository that enables collaboration within and across labs, and for others,
the entry point for research.
Proposed DANDI architecture
Proposed DANDI Timeline